21703: Owl Suet 'n Seed Feeder
- Cute owl design
- Ideal for filling with Black Oil sunflower seeds, sunflower seed hearts, chopped nuts and larger seed mixes
- Holds 2 standard-sized suet cakes in the cage or a single
- Simple lock on suet cage and on top for seed deters squirrels and chipmunks from opening the feeder
- All-over mesh offers plenty of feeding and clinging area
- Door on top opens for filling with seeds
- Standard sized seed mix will easily fall through the wholes
- Hang 5-6 feet above the ground
- Wash regularly with warm, soapy water
Documents & Support
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm.
Advertencia: Cáncer y Daños Reproductivos.
Avertissement: Cancer et Dommages Reproductifs.
I purchased this feeder because it was so adorable and I liked the combination of feed for birds. But now I was wondering- because owls scare away birds was this the one I should of purchased. Since I put it out I see no birds around. I gave it 3 stars as of now because I'm not sure how to rate it because I just put it out. I was wondering has anyone else experienced this problem? And is it true on birds being afraid of owls?
Thanks for purchasing the Suet ‘n Seed Owl. The birds shouldn’t be afraid of the shape itself and they may be hesitant because it’s a new feeder. You can try placing it in a safe location by brush, bushes, near a tree, or certainly around other feeders and a bird bath. If you haven’t already, try chopped peanuts or sunflower seeds or mix up the seed combination. This may start attracting birds to the feeder.
This was a gift. The owl is adorable. Please explain to me the “warning” about cancer and reproductive issues. Is that for me for handling the feeder? For the poor birds that will eat from it? I’m concerned and can’t get any real information. There is a tag on the feeder and same warning on your web site.
We completely understand your concern. It is a warning label that is required by law for any product that is painted or power coated that may end up in the state of California. It is a state of California requirement. It will not harm you or the birds unless ingested.